Interested in volunteering with WCG? We'd love to have your help, no experience required. We welcome all skill sets to help us keep our non-profit organization going strong. During the growing season, WCG hosts weekly Tuesday evening work parties. During the summer harvest season, WCG hosts weekly Friday morning work parties. Almost year around, WCG hosts monthly Saturday morning work parties. These typically last about 2 hours and are a great way to learn more about WCG.
Volunteers must sign a liability waiver. You can print the waiver and bring it with you or sign one on site. All volunteers are also expected to fill out a Volunteer Info sheet, which will help us learn more about your background and any special skills or interests. Click here to download the Volunteer Guide and learn more about volunteer expectations and resources.
Check Williamsburg Community Grower's Facebook page for current volunteer opportunities. In addition to hands-on gardening and farming, there are opportunities to support education, outreach, development and food systems efforts. Volunteer opportunities are accessible through our Sign Up link here. Contact us at email@example.com for more information on how to get involved!
2. We do not have any indoor facilities. Volunteers should dress for the outdoors in work clothes and closed toe shoes and “dress to shed, not to shiver”. Bring water, sunscreen, a sun hat, and gloves as needed.
3. Volunteers under the age of 18 are welcome on site with a parent or guardian in attendance the entire time. The parent or guardian must sign a Liability Waiver for their minor and themselves. The parent or guardian should complete the Volunteer Hours Log for both volunteers.
4. School or community groups with minors must be under the supervision of a responsible adult who is in attendance the entire time. A parent or guardian must sign the minor’s Liability Waiver prior to the minor volunteering on site. A link to the Waiver is available on our website.
6. Volunteers report to the Volunteer Coordinator. If the Volunteer Coordinator or Executive Director is not present, there will be a designated Board member present at scheduled Volunteer Work Parties.
13. WCG follows organic farming principles as much as possible. Please do not introduce pesticides or herbicides without the permission of the Volunteer Coordinator, Farm Team Coordinators, or Executive Director.