Sign up to be a volunteer at GivePulse!
Interested in volunteering with WCG? We'd love to have your help, no experience required. We welcome all skill sets to help us keep our non-profit organization going strong. During the growing season, WCG hosts weekly Tuesday evening work parties. During the summer harvest season, WCG hosts weekly Friday morning work parties. Almost year around, WCG hosts monthly Saturday morning work parties. These typically last about 2 hours and are a great way to learn more about WCG.
Volunteers under the age of 18 are welcome on site with a parent or guardian in attendance the entire
time. The parent or guardian must sign a Liability Waiver for their minor and themselves. You can print the waiver and bring it with you or sign one on site. Please also fill out the back of the form, which will help us learn more about your background and any special skills or interests. Click here to download the Volunteer Guide and learn more about volunteer expectations and resources.
Check Williamsburg Community Grower's Facebook page for current volunteer opportunities. In addition to hands-on gardening and farming, there are opportunities to support education, outreach, development and food systems efforts.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved!
1. Safety is our primary concern. Please use common sense regarding weather or incoming storms, use of tools and equipment, hydration, personal safety and food safety procedures.
2. We do not have any indoor facilities. Volunteers should dress for the outdoors in work clothes and closed toe shoes and “dress to shed, not to shiver”. Bring water, sunscreen, a sun hat, and gloves as needed.
3. Volunteers under the age of 18 are welcome on site with a parent or guardian in attendance the entire time. The parent or guardian must sign a Liability Waiver for their minor and themselves. The parent or guardian should complete the Volunteer Hours Log for both volunteers.
4. Volunteers report to the Volunteer Coordinator. If the Volunteer Coordinator or Executive Director is not present, there will be a designated Board member present at scheduled Volunteer Work Parties.
5. With the exception of our scheduled Volunteer Work Parties, we do not accept drop-in volunteers unless given individual permission by the Volunteer Coordinator or Executive Director.
6. Equipment and tools belonging to WCG may not be removed from the farm and garden site.
7. Volunteers under the age of 18 may not use any power equipment.
8. Volunteers may not use the tractor or implements unless trained and approved by a Colonial Soil and Water Conservation District representative.
9. Volunteers should park in the adjacent paved stadium parking lot. Privately owned vehicles may not be parked on the gravel utility access road.
10. We do not have a toilet on site. Bathroom facilities are available at the nearby shopping center. There is a portable toilet located at the nearby high school baseball field and/or track field.
11. WCG follows organic farming principles as much as possible. Please do not introduce pesticides or herbicides without the permission of the Volunteer Coordinator, Farm Team Coordinators, or Executive Director.
12. WCG does not reimburse for any volunteer expenses at this time.